PUBLIC RECORDS POLICY
All records of the Wickliffe Police Department are public, unless they are specifically exempt from disclosure under the Ohio Revised Code and are available for inspection and copying in accordance with the Ohio Public Records Act.
Please fill out the Request Form below, print it and return it to the police station. Requests for records or viewing records may be made during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.).
Public Records Exemptions: The following information may be denied or redacted from a record request. Any denial of public records requested must include an explanation. If portions of a record are public and portions are exempt, the exempt portions are to be redacted and the rest released.
– Social Security Numbers
– Confidential Law Enforcement Investigatory Records
– Uncharged suspect – adult or juvenile
– Confidential Witness
– Confidential Investigatory Techniques and Procedures
– Info that would endanger law enforcement personnel, crime victims, witnesses
– Trial Preparation Records
– Medical Records
– Peace Officer’s residential and familial information
– Per LEADS Policy Statutory Prohibitions: LEADS/CCH/NCIC