CANVASSING / DOOR-TO-DOOR SOLICITATION
To view the complete ordinance Chapter 739, click here.
A permit is required for any person who attempts to make personal contact with a resident at his or her residence without prior specific invitation or appointment from the resident, for the purpose of
– Seeking to obtain orders for the purchase of goods, wares, merchandise, foodstuffs or services, for either present or future delivery;
– Seeking to obtain subscriptions to books, magazines, periodicals, and newspapers;
– Taking of a poll or census by any person, firm, or corporation other than governmental body or agency thereof.
Permit Fees: $50 – six (6) month permit
Completed applications submitted for approval to the Chief of Police must include:
1. Solicitation Application
2. Tax Questionnaire
3. Two current photographs of the applicant (approx. 2” x2”)
4. Current fingerprint-based civilian background check (webcheck). Click here for webcheck locations.