373.10 MOTORIZED BICYCLE OPERATION, EQUIPMENT AND LICENSE
(a) No person shall operate a motorized bicycle upon any street or highway or any public or private property used by the public for purposes of vehicular travel or parking, unless all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The person is fourteen (14) or fifteen (15) years of age and holds a valid probationary motorized bicycle license issued after the person has passed the test provided for in Ohio R.C. 4511.521, or the person is sixteen (16) years of age or older and holds either a valid commercial driver’s license under Ohio R.C. Chapter 4506, or a driver’s license issued under Ohio R.C. Chapter 4507, or a valid motorized bicycle license issued after the person has passed the test provided for in Ohio R.C. 4511.521, except that if a person is sixteen (16) years of age, has a valid probationary motorized bicycle license and desires a motorized bicycle license, the person is not required to comply with the testing requirements provided for in Ohio R.C. 4511.521;
(2) The motorized bicycle is equipped in accordance with rules adopted by the Ohio Director of Public Safety and is in proper working order;
(3) The person, if under eighteen (18) years of age, is wearing a protective helmet on the person’s head with the chin strap properly fastened, and the motorized bicycle is equipped with a rear-view mirror;
(4) The person operates the motorized bicycle when practicable within three feet of the right edge of the roadway obeying all traffic rules applicable to vehicles; and
(5) The motorized bicycle displays on the rear of such bicycle the current license plate or validation sticker furnished by the Ohio Director of Public Safety under Ohio R.C. 4503.191.
(b) No person operating a motorized bicycle shall carry another person upon the motorized bicycle.
(c) Each probationary motorized bicycle license or motorized bicycle license shall be laminated with a transparent plastic material.
(d) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.