DETECTIVE BUREAU SECRETARY
Click here for more information and application.
Location: Wickliffe Police Department
OHIO LAW BANS TEXTING WHILE DRIVING
Effective August 31, 2012 - Click here for the entire law.
IF YOU'RE UNDER AGE 18:
It is illegal to use any electronic wireless communications device while driving in Ohio.
- No texting
- No e-mailing
- No talking on your cell phone, Bluetooth, Bluetooth speakers, On-Star or any similar device
- No computers, laptops or tablets
- No playing video games
- No using your GPS (unless it's a voice-operated or hands-free device)
--- Even when you are sitting at a light or stuck in traffic
It's a Primary Offense: Law enforcement can stop you for any of the above reasons.
- First violation: $150 fine, driver license suspended for 60 days
- Second and/or subsequent violations: $300 fine and license suspended for one year
- Exceptions: pre-programmed GPS, vehicles in a stationary position and outside a lane of travel; and emergency calls to law enforcement, hospital, fire despartment, etc.
ADULT DRIVERS (18 YEARS OR OLDER):
It is illegal to use a handheld electronic wireless communications device to write, send or read a text while driving in Ohio.
- Minor misdemeanor, could face a fine of up to $150
Due to security concerns, we are unable to provide patches to the general public, collectors, other law enforcement personnel, or hobbyists and cannot honor any such requests. Only officially sworn officers and
staff of the Wickliffe Police Department are permitted to wear the department patch as a required part of the police uniform. We do not permit our patches or badges to be bought, sold, or traded.